Hoondert Services & Decommissioning (HSD) operates a yard in the seaport of Flushing that is located in the South-West of the Netherlands. Our yard supports a variety of offshore activities in the North Sea where dismantling and recycling of decommissioned offshore platforms is our main activity. Oil and Gas companies are our clients.
The platforms are removed offshore by heavy lift contractors who will bring the structures to our yard to be unloaded onto the quay. The structures vary in weight and dimensions; from 250 to 7500 ton to 90 m tall. Once on the yard we prepare a safe working environment on the structure and subsequently take them apart in fragments that, after segregation, can easily be transported and further processed by waste handling companies. Hazardous materials are an important aspect in our work.
The work is done with heavy equipment by a team of specialists, machine operators and skilled workers. HSD follows the highest environmental and safety standards in executing the projects.
Please refer to our website HSD.nl for further information.
Currently we would like to expand our team with a supervisor.
What will you do?
When a project is contracted you become part of the project team that is involved from project start to finish. The project team consist of a project manager, environmental coordinator, safety advisor, a yard supervisor and you.
Your main task will be the supervision on the team of skilled workers and machine operators that can vary from 6 to 40 persons. Depending on project size and complexity you will team up with another supervisor. You make sure that they execute the work in the appropriate way and sequence with safety as the paramount starting point. On a daily bases you instruct your team and walk around the projects to follow progress and advice further. We expect you to give toolbox talks, initiate work permits/instructions and systemically report on progress and the resources deployed.
Furthermore you plan the work in various time frames i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and project scale. Where necessary you make corrections and suggest improvements to meet the project objectives in terms of planning, efficiency, safety and environment. These elements are driving you.
Sometimes the team is supported by an engineer or engineering consultant to work out execution plans in detail. Together with the project manager you will advise the engineer about the sequence and methodology. Occasionally you will join external audits or participate in client meetings or walkarounds on the yard.
What is required?
- You have experience in working in an industrial environment;
- You are a strong personality with a clear technical understanding of what it takes to succeed;
- You are a team player open to suggestions that get things done by persuasion and, if necessary, by authority. You know when to push and when to stop;
- Safety and sound environmental practices is key to you;
- You are proactive and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- You perform under pressure without losing sight on the objectives;
- You are accurate and structured;
- You have good communication skills, including in English & Polish;
- You can read technical drawings and know your way in MS Office.
What we offer:
- Freedom for personal input;
- Variety of projects that combines diversity with challenges;
- Investment in your personal growth and development;
- Pleasant working atmosphere in an approachable organization;
- A job where you actively contribute to a sustainable economy;
- Competitive salary appropriate to the position and your skills.
Does the above job opportunity feels like a career opportunity and got you interested? Please send your letter of application including C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of J.S.G. Hoondert, managing director. For questions about this vacancy please contact Gerrit van Damme, project manager, at telephone number +31 113 700 201.
Your application will be handled discretely.